Dear Ottawa motorists. You are not imagining things. It’s happening again.
The Queensway will undergo a third weekend closure in the span of less than a month, with the next shutdown running from Aug. 10 to 14 to allow for a rapid bridge replacement at Percy Street in the city centre.
The City of Ottawa announced Thursday that the provincial Ministry of Transportation would close sections of Highway 417 starting at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 10, with reopening set for 6 a.m on Monday, Aug. 14.
The closures will involve eastbound lanes of the highway between Carling/Kirkwood and Metcalfe, and westbound lanes between Metcalfe/Catherine and Bronson.
A handful of access ramps will also be closed: westbound at O’Connor and Lyon (ongoing); and eastbound at Maitland, Carling and Parkdale.
The city also issued maps detailing detours that will be in place during the Percy Street bridge replacement.
Westbound vehicles must:
• Exit the highway at Metcalfe/Catherine;
• Continue westbound on Catherine Street;
• Return to Highway 417 using the Bronson Avenue westbound access ramp.
Eastbound vehicles must:
• Exit the highway at Carling/Kirkwood;
• Continue eastbound on Carling Avenue;
• Turn right on Bronson Avenue;
• Take the ramp to eastbound Riverside Drive;
• Continue eastbound on Riverside Drive;
• Return to Highway 417 at the Riverside eastbound access ramp (just before the 417 bridge).